January 22, 2010

Amber

Filed under: senior — Char @ 5:30 am

You know how some coats are warm, but they just don’t let you move? Others are comfy, but don’t do the job when the snow is flying. There always is the baggy, brown coat with the blue plaid hood that I have had for years and years….yeah, it  ummm…looks like it belongs in the ‘woman’ section at Sears…a few years ago. And then I found it…buried on the clearance rack at Target. It’s soft, black, and long. Soft as in it reminds me of a blanket. Black as in it goes with anything. Long as in I can wear it over sweats if I really want to and you might not notice…perfect for “I don’t feel like dressing up days”. It’s warm and basic, but classic. So it feels perfect and easy and I wear it all the time.

So it is with sisters.

My sisters are companions. As easy to be with as my soft, black coat. We cry together, laugh together, shop together, wear each other’s clothing, and stick together through thick and thin.

This is my little sister. She is well, not so little anymore. I keep reminding her…take life slow, you are only seventeen. I want to keep her safe, protect her from hurt. To somehow make life all smooth. But that’s not my job, I couldn’t even if I wanted to. So I will stick with her through thick and thin. Take her shopping. Let her borrow my boots. Cry with her. Laugh at things we “get” because we grew up together. And tell her to reach for the stars.

Meet my little sister, Amber. I love her to pieces.

Amber06

Amber04

Amber10

Amber02

What do you think? We wanted a scarf…so this rolled up shirt kinda works?

Amber11

She picked out this spot. The light was getting really low, but I love the colors and craziness.

Amber13

Amber03

Amber16Been wanting to shoot in a laundromat for a long time…think I will go back and play with it some more.

Amber15

One of my favorites…love the soft light.

Amber19

Amber09

Happy weekend to you!

1. Great pictures of a beautiful lady I’m proud to know.

Comment by Bonnie — January 22, 2010 @ 5:38 am

2. A lovely young lady! I like the laundromat shots too!

Comment by elaine martin — January 22, 2010 @ 6:17 am

3. “Sisters are, our first roommate, our first playmate, and our first best friend.” I agree, sisters are the best!

Comment by Janette — January 22, 2010 @ 6:50 am

4. Great shots! Beautiful girl! Love the 1st, 7th and the laundromat pics especially. They’re all terrific!

Comment by Larry — January 22, 2010 @ 7:44 am

5. Awesome photos of your beautiful little sister, Char. I especially like the laundromat one. You are so lucky to have sisters to share so much with. Somehow I missed out on that.

Comment by Brenda Weaver — January 22, 2010 @ 8:10 am

6. These pictures are stunning! Great Job Char! Amber is beautiful! <3

Comment by Misty Martin — January 22, 2010 @ 8:11 am

7. Great pictures! You have such a way with words. The way you described that black jacket..I was really hoping to scroll down and see a picture of you in it! :)

Comment by Kristi — January 22, 2010 @ 9:28 am

8. how great! love you you both!

Comment by Ann — January 22, 2010 @ 11:39 am

9. Gorgeous!! You have a very beautiful sister!! :) Love the laundromat one – great idea!

Comment by Stacee — January 22, 2010 @ 11:40 am

10. WOW! Amazing job Char! Im so lucky to call this gorgeous girl my friend! Im constantly amazed at how you can make an ordinary location look extraordinary! Inspired!

Comment by Epiphany — January 22, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

11. I agree with Kristi…do you have a way with words…I love how you talk about stuff in your life. Char, You are a beautiful women,inside and out! You also have a very beautiful sister. You girls all look so much alike. I agree, sisters are the best. I don’t know what I would do without mine.

Comment by Janelle Horst — January 22, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

12. i’m soo proud to call this incredible, strong, GORGEOUS girl my bestest friend! Great pics! love the laundromat idea and love the rolled up shirt scarf haha. Great job Char! Love you Fred <3

Comment by Kayla — January 22, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

13. I absolutely love these pictures!! A lot! Amber, you are so beautiful! Char, I wish I could do what you do :)

Comment by Katelyn Lengeman — January 23, 2010 @ 8:17 am

14. I love these pictures so much!!! Your sister is such a joy to be around. I get to see her everyday at school. :)

Comment by Janae Martin — January 23, 2010 @ 11:08 am

15. We all think these are stunning!!!!!! Isaac said, “woooooow Amber grew UP!” We love you!

Comment by Angel — January 23, 2010 @ 11:33 am

16. Wow. Amber, you look amazing my dear one. i <3 you!! Char, awesome job as usual.

Comment by Michelle Snader — January 25, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

17. woww amazing pics char! adawg u are beautiful and i truly love you girl! xoxo

Comment by heather — January 25, 2010 @ 9:44 pm

18. I love the pictures, Amber: You are beautiful!!

Comment by Kristin Weaver — January 26, 2010 @ 2:48 pm

19. ohh i love these!! Wow, gorgeous, Amber! I love the one with the yellow shirt and floral scarf, and the second one after that in the red and blue striped sweater. love love love em :)

Comment by Crystal Good — February 6, 2010 @ 5:17 am

20. What a Cutie Patootie!!! LOVE this session…you seriously are fantabulous! Yes…I just said that ;)

Comment by aLi — February 6, 2010 @ 10:42 pm